Sunday, 3 September 2017

What’s Happening at Peeking Cat?


Hi all! As you may have seen me promise on Facebook and Twitter, here is a post to keep you updated with everything that’s going on at Peeking Cat.

Last week I handed in my final project for my MA Creative Writing degree – which is why the latest issue of Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine was released a few days later than usual. I’m eagerly awaiting my final grade, which I hope to get around the beginning of October. But while I’m waiting for that, there are lots of things to tell you about and get started on. Now that my course is over I have more time to dedicate to Peeking Cat – so here’s a rundown of everything that I’m planning!

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine

The magazine will continue to be published every month, and I’ll still be including a book review in each issue. I review poetry and short story collections, and my next free slot is February 2018. If you’d like me to review your book, send me an email!

The Anthology

Peeking Cat Anthology 2017 is now closed for submissions, and if you have sent me your work you’ll receive a response within the next couple of weeks, if you haven’t already. The anthology is due to be released around early October, and I’ll be able to give a definite date on that closer to the time. It will be out in paperback and hardback at Lulu.com and also on Kindle. It will be available in paperback on Amazon too, but that will be a few weeks after it appears on Lulu.

The Peeking Cat Blog

I will be posting much more regularly here on the blog, with writing news, tips and so on. I’m also still open for writer interviews, so if you fancy being grilled on your writing practices, get in touch! Plus, I’ll be accepting guest blog posts, so stay tuned for more information on that. I’ll also be updating the author map and the author list, so if you’ve been published in the magazine and your website link isn’t on the author list yet, send it to me.

Peeking Cat Bookshelf

I may have previously mentioned a new project for the Peeking Cat website – the Peeking Cat Bookshelf. This is a page where I would like to list books by writers who have been published in the magazine or anthology. This is a big job that has been put on hold for a while, but I will be looking into it again soon.

The Creative Truth

The Creative Truth journal will continue to be released quarterly, and I’ll be blogging over there too about non-fiction, autobiography and memoir.

Proofreading and Editing Services

Peeking Cat offers proofreading and editing services for writers – more information on that here!

For my own personal writing, I’ll still be blogging and uploading poetry on my personal site, writersam.co.uk, and I’ll be working on my new novel and a poetry collection.


If you’d like to get in touch regarding any of the above, email editor@peekingcatpoetry.co.uk or message me on Twitter @peekingcatmag. I’m excited for the future of Peeking Cat and I hope you are, too!

3 comments:

  1. All kinds of news here. Thanks for sharing - and congrats on the completion of your MA Creative Writing degree. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to the anthology and seeing what's on the bookshelf!

    ReplyDelete