Saturday, 5 August 2017

Writer Interview: Ngozi Olivia Osuoha

Our latest writer interview is with Ngozi Olivia Osuoha! Her passion for writing is so clear through her answers to the questions - I love it.



When and why did you first start writing?

I remember sometime in 2003 after my OND exams, I was so excited that I began to sing strange songs. A thought and a voice ran through my head, asking "why don't you write these songs down?" Instantly, I got pen and paper and began penning.  

Apart from that, I remember doing wonderful translations in junior class while in secondary school. My Igbo teacher then, Mr Nwanaga was always commending me on poetry, composition and comprehension.

All put together, could be two decades. 

Who is most supportive about your writing?

My family is awesome. They keep me online, in tune, and here. My readers everywhere especially on social media make me crazy. I feel them each moment. They are strong and overwhelming.  

What do you enjoy writing, and what do you find yourself writing about most often?

I enjoy writing poetry a whole lot. It is for a specific type of talents. And not everyone understands it too. 
I write about everything, anything, and especially in my own way and words. 

Where do you write? Do you have a writing space or a particular process/routine?

Apart from official issues, I love writing in my room, it is my sanctuary. My bed is an altar where I commune beyond the world in words. Except that, I have no routine for writing, I write anywhere, and anyhow too.  

What’s your favourite word?

I have no favourite word, wherever any words fit, I fix them and they become favourite for me and hopefully for my readers.  

What do you find the most difficult or challenging about writing?

I enjoy writing. For me, it is a punishment not to write. However, I need more people, in fact the world to read my works and books.  

Tell me about the piece of work that you are most proud of writing, or about the writing accomplishment you are most proud of.

O my God,  it is The Transformation Train, my first longest piece of 355 verses. A perfect straight rhyme/poem. It was published in Kenya and available on Amazon now. It gave me 'headaches', I thought my head would tear up. A must read. I call it a record breaker and the world's longest so far. I have another 560 verses, roughly. Yet to be published though. I have lots of incredible works.  

What are your writing plans, goals or dreams for the future?

I hope to be read by the whole world. I hope to continue writing. I have plans of connecting with other writers across the globe. I am on it. 

Bio
Ngozi Olivia Osuoha is a passionate Nigerian poet/writer. She is a graduate of Estate Management with experience in Banking and Broadcasting. She has published over eighty poems in over ten countries. Her first longest piece titled The Transformation Train is now on Amazon.

Would you like to take part in an interview for the Peeking Cat blog? Email editor@peekingcatpoetry.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment