Sunday, 14 May 2017

Writer Interview: Laura Decamara

Our interview this week is with Laura Decamara! We're talking growing our vocabulary, dreaming of film adaptations, and more.


When and why did you first start writing?

In 1995 while I was in high school. I love sharing my thoughts with other people. I have to express myself.

Who is most supportive about your writing?

My editor and mentor Bob.

What do you enjoy writing, and what do you find yourself writing about most often?

I enjoy writing romance themed stories and poems. I often find myself writing lovemaking and other passionate scenes (blush).
Where do you write? Do you have a writing space or a particular process/routine?

In my bedroom, in my computer chair at the foot of my bed. My computer desk is right next to it (I have a very small bedroom that I share with a roommate).

What’s your favorite word?

Love!

What do you find the most difficult or challenging about writing?

Trying to absorb and grow a larger vocabulary, and spelling difficult words. I use Google Talk and spellcheck a lot!

Tell me about the piece of work that you are most proud of writing, or about the writing accomplishment you are most proud of.

The two poems that were published in hard copy. I did it all by myself!
 
What are your writing plans, goals or dreams for the future?

To have several books published and even have one of my books adapted to film.


Would you like to take part in an interview for the Peeking Cat blog? Email editor@peekingcatpoetry.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment