Saturday, 6 May 2017

Writer Interview: Ken Allan Dronsfield

This week we're with Ken Allan Dronsfield, talking about jotting down the weird and the wacky, and leaving a legacy.

When and why did you first start writing?

I first started writing at 13 years old. I'd received a guitar as a gift, and after learning the chords decided to write my own songs including lyrics. I started writing poetry some years ago after putting the guitar away.

Who is most supportive about your writing?

I would have to say it began with my Mum....she supported me no matter what I did in life. In recent years, it's been my many friends who read my work.

What do you enjoy writing, and what do you find yourself writing about most often?

I truly enjoy writing pieces with haunting, paranormal and horror, the weird and wonderfully odd. I also love writing about nature, the seasons, the ocean. Oh my, almost anything to do with this grand planet around us.

Where do you write? Do you have a writing space or a particular process/routine?

Not really, no special place, or time. Sometimes in the living room with the TV on low, other times I start writing a poem while laying in bed at 2am, and must get out, grab my pad or recorder and take it down.

Tell me about your latest writing or editing project.

I'm presently writing my second book to be released soon., I'm also the co-editor of the book, "Dandelion in a Vase of Roses" with my good friend, Editor and Poet Michael Lee Johnson. This is a large anthology which has recently been published.

What do you find the most difficult or challenging about writing?

Many times, it's just finding the quality time to spend with my computer writing.

Tell me about the piece of work that you are most proud of writing, or about the writing accomplishment you are most proud of.

I'm most proud of my first book of poetry, "The Cellaring" a collection of 80 poems of the horror, paranormal, weird and wonderful. I also cherish being nominated for two Pushcart nominations and a Best of the Net nomination in my first year of seeking publication of my work.

What are your writing plans, goals or dreams for the future?

To keep writing poetry, short stories, etc., to publish more books of poetry to leave as a legacy for my children and grandchildren for the future.

Bio
Ken Allan Dronsfield is a published poet who has recently been nominated for The Best of the Net and 2 Pushcart Awards for Poetry in 2016. His poetry has been published worldwide in various publications throughout North America, Europe, Asia, Australia and Africa. Ken loves thunderstorms, walking in the woods at night, and spending time with his cat Willa. Ken's new book, "The Cellaring", a collection of haunting, paranormal, weird and wonderful poems, has been released and is available through Amazon.com. He is the co-editor of the poetry anthology titled, Moonlight Dreamers of Yellow Haze available at Amazon.com. A second anthology, Dandelion in a Vase of Roses was released in April 2017.


Would you like to take part in an interview for the Peeking Cat blog? Email editor@peekingcatpoetry.co.uk

6 comments:

  1. Fine poet, find editor, great friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent interview Ken. Thank you for the glimpse into your creative mind. Wishing you much success with your future endeavours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my best poet friend and love to read all his writings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Ken my poet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are humble and fascinating character. Your words are simple but when they gather up, they take hold of most evasive and captivating moments. I wish you more flourishing success.
    John Henry Smith

    ReplyDelete